Browse the sections of the report
- Appetite for disruption: Inside We Are Disrupt, a female-focused sport marketing agency
- Same rules, different game | The FA’s Marzena Bogdanowicz on the commercialisation of women’s football
- “The sports world is too clubby”: An interview with industry headhunter Ashling O’Connor
- It’s a woman’s world: Marketing the ICC Women’s World Cup
- Year of progress: Can sport build on a year of successful women’s events?
- Leadership: Billie-Jean King and the roots of the WTA
- Download the Women in Sport Report
IntroductionLong before it was over, 2017 was being hailed as a landmark year for women’s sport.
It was 12 months which featured showpieces for two globally popular sports, in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup and the Women’s Rugby World Cup, while some of the best women’s football teams in the world demonstrated their talents at the Uefa Women’s Championship in the Netherlands.