The complexity and expense of gathering enhanced betting data at golf tournaments has to date limited the amount of in-play betting on the sport. IMG Arena’s senior vice-president, commercial, Max Wright, explains how the company’s acquisition of betting rights to both the PGA and European Tours will attempt to change this.
West Ham has become the first Premier League club to partner with fan engagement and tokenization platform Socios.com. The Socios
The National Hockey League has been swift to capitalise on the repeal of PASPA and the subsequent legalisation of gambling in some US states. Starting next season, the organisation will introduce puck and player tracking to create more in-play betting markets around its content. SportBusiness speaks to the league’s chief revenue officer and executive vice-president, global partnerships, Keith Wachtel.
Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth beacons capture crowd movements Catering JV to offer more food and beverage options and speedier service
Ben Cronin asks Everton's director of risk & governance Paul McNicholas; Kyle Cockett, senior insight manager; and the club's first data protection officer Ian Garratt about its strategies regarding how it uses fan data.
Heavyweight backers say mass migration has created opportunity for “Champions League” of cricket in Europe
New league will feature champion cricket clubs from across Europe Mass migration has created micro-communities of underserved cricket fans
Women’s World Cup currently has two-tier sponsorship model Global Partner tier includes sponsorship rights to all Fifa events
As new technology has opened new methods of media distribution, stakeholders from across the sports feeding chain have set out to establish themselves as media businesses
James Barclay, Jaguar Racing | “Formula E is the perfect platform to tell the world about our electrification expertise”
Ahead of the fourth round of the Formula E season in Mexico, James Barclay, team director, Jaguar Racing, gave a manufacturer’s take on why the electric motor racing series is proving so appealing to car brands and non-endemic sponsors.
Ben Morel took over as chief executive of the Six Nations in November last year with a clear remit.
Drop in advertising against football unlikely to impact media-rights income Value of shirt and LED inventory could increase Exemption likely to drive horse racing media-rights revenue
• Wizards District Gaming planning match against West Ham esports team • Activations scheduled with global partner Alibaba • Back home, NBC telecast prepares US audiences for in-play betting When
• National polo federation generated $1.6
• Football Leaks investigation suggests 16 clubs sharing plans for a European Super League • But European Club Association and Uefa show united front in the face of allegations • S
• Gfinity will host and film the inaugural ePremier League in its Fulham esports arena • Cook says European Super League in football would be “a natural evolution” • Time
• Japanese NBA player Yuta Watanabe outsells LeBron James in NBA Japan stores • Acquisition of Majestic has helped develop relationships with Japanese baseball teams • 1
‘Mission-driven’ all-female W Series hopes to attract free-to-air coverage and purpose-beyond-profit sponsorship
• Event promises to provide a platform for female drivers to succeed in F1 • Series will underwrite costs of all the drivers • S
• Ambition to create licensing programme set out in Agenda 2020 • Organisation creates three categories to trade on heritage, iconography and values of the Olympics • L
What impact has the sports betting repeal had on you? It's had a major impact in the sense that it's really spearheaded a lot of our efforts with regard to our entire interactive platform
‘Betting firms will reinvest 50% of their revenues in marketing’ | Matteo Monteverdi, Sportradar, USA
Sportradar is well-positioned to take advantage of the legalisation of sports betting in the USA and has advised gaming operators, regulators and leagues about the repeal of PASPA. Ben Cronin talks to Matteo Monteverdi, president at Sportradar USA, about the opportunities for rights-holders.