The 2018 edition of the SportBusiness Consulting Global Media Report is now available.
Highlights from this year’s report:
- The top 10 properties account for 60 per cent of the total global value of sports media rights
- For the first time, the world’s top 10 markets are all worth over $1bn p.a., driven by growth in the Indian sub-continent and Latin America.
- Also for the first time, the world’s top 10 sports are also all worth over $1bn p.a., driven by cricket, whose media rights have grown in value by 50 per cent in 2018, with Indian Premier League entering the top 20 most valuable properties list
- The Olympics is no longer one of the world’s 10 most valuable sports properties, having been overtaken by both the Bundesliga and Ligue 1, as football’s dominance of global media rights continues to grow.
The report features:
- Values in 2018, for all previous years from 2014, and future projections for:
- The 10 most valuable sports
- The 20 most valuable properties
- The 10 most valuable markets
- In-depth market focus on the USA
- Analysis of the impact of OTT players on the market
- What to look for in 2019