At a time when some tourism trends are in decline, sport tourism continues to flourish and is set to grow exponentially in the next decade.
To both reflect this staggering growth and contribute further to it, World Sport Destination Expo and SportBusiness Group are proud to announce the inaugural International Sport Tourism Conference.
This groundbreaking event will take place at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa on 5th July 2010 and be part of the 5 day World Sport Destination Expo, the first global business exhibition of sport tourism opportunities.
The landmark International Sport Tourism Conference is timed to coincide with the FIFA World Cup when the eyes of the world will be on both South Africa and sports tourism. There has never been a better time or place to discover the exciting opportunities that await destinations and operators in the world of sport.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Marthinus Van Schalkwyk (Minister of Tourism, South Africa)
- Marcia Lins (Secretary of Sport for Rio de Janeiro)
- Lindiwie Mahlangu (CEO Johannesburg Tourism Company)
- Qondisa Ngwenya (Managing Director of Octagon South Africa)
- Professor Kamilla Swart (Centre for Tourism Research in Africa (CETRA))
- Roshene Singh (Chief Marketing Officer, South Africa)
- Lee Thomas MD (SAIL – Official Hospitality providers for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa)
- … and many more.
With a the above panel of the world’s leading experts, this event will be the place to discover:
- The value of this new breed of tourist: who they are and what are they looking for.
- How to attract sports events and sports tourists: navigating the international sports bidding cycle.
- How to use sport to deliver a powerful economic to a city, region or country.
- Why the leading sports hosts are attracted by sport and what sets them apart.
Refine your strategy and position your organisation to take advantage of these new opportunities. This is the event the industry needs and will prove invaluable to bidding cities and nations, sports federations, resorts and hotels, tour operators, specialist event organisers, organising committees and financial investors.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org