Mega-deal lawyer Charles Baker and World Surf League chief executive Sophie Goldschmidt are the latest sports leaders and innovators to join the line-up of speakers at the Sports Decision Makers Summit at the W Hotel, Miami Beach, on May 6 and 7.
Sophie Goldschmidt, who last year signed a ground-breaking digital media deal for the WSL with Facebook, is leading the transformation of pro surfing. She has previously held senior positions at the Rugby Football Union, the NBA and WTA, and was named in Forbes 2018 list of the most powerful women in world sport.
Charles Baker is co-chair of the sports industry group at O’Melveney, where he leads on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions. He has represented buyers and sellers of sports franchises in the National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer and many of the European football leagues.
If you would like to attend the Miami summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baker and Goldschmidt add their insight and experience to a powerful Sport Decision Makers Summit speaker team which also includes:
- James Pallotta, the president and chairman of Serie A team AS Roma and co-owner of the NBA’s Boston Celtics
- George Pyne, Founder and chief executive of Bruin Sports Capital
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference
- Sean Bratches, managing director of commercial operations at Formula One
- Eelco van der Noll, head of partnerships and experiential at Anheuser-Busch
- Terrence Burns, executive vice-president for Global Sport at Engine Shop
- Xavier O’Callaghan, head of FC Barcelona’s US operations
Conceived and organised by Sportel and SportBusiness, Sports Decision Makers ushers in a new era of tightly-focused, data-driven events, designed exclusively for the people whose decisions shape the future of sport.
The Miami event is the first in a series which will move on to London where it will be staged at the Rosewood Hotel, High Holborn, on July 9 and 10.
Discussion and debate will be given context and direction by exclusive data drawn from a major research project to gauge the preferences and attitudes of 10,000 sports fans in the world’s most important sports markets, enabling the Sports Decision Makers Summit series to deliver on its promise to deliver unmatched value.