Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
In this report we analyse how skiing media rights are sold and offer an in-depth profile of the market’s dominant agency, Infront.
We profile in detail the leading skiing and ice hockey markets including: Austria, Canada, Germany, Nordics and Switzerland.
While the majority of the report focuses on media rights with an exclusive analysis of the value of winter Olympic media rights in European markets; we also examine and value recent Winter Olympic domestic sponsorship revenue and the total sponsorship revenue for leading winter sports international federations.
This report has been compiled with data from SportBusiness’s unrivalled global media rights and sponsorship deals databases (click here to learn more) and SportBusiness Consulting’s unrivalled insight and analysis of the market.DOWNLOAD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Analysis of how skiing media rights are sold
How FIS Skiing World Cup rights are sold
Influence of Infront on winter sports
FIS Alpine and Nordic skiing World Championships
2. Market-by-Market analysis of leading skiing nations
3. Analysis of how ice hockey media rights are sold
NHL media revenues by market
IIHF media revenues by market
4. Market-by-Market analysis of leading ice hockey nations
5. The Winter Olympics
Sponsorship of international winter sport federations
- Estimate of the global winter sports media rights market from 2010 – 2022
- Total value of ice hockey media rights and as a percentage of the winter sports market
- The most valuable winter sport properties per season / year
- Who owns and distributes winter sports rights in the key markets
- The value of winter sports in each of the key markets
- Estimated of allocation of Winter Olympics media rights values in all major European markets
- Sponsorship of the Winter Olympics from 1998 – 2018
- Total sponsorship revenue for leading winter sports international federations
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
- Broadcasters – understand the value of the media rights in order to effectively budget, or even to plan an acquisitions strategy and discover what competitors are doing.
- Rights Holders – keep on top of trends and best practice, plus glean insights on competitors.
- Agencies – discover who is working with who, what they are doing and how much they are spending.
- Technology platforms – needing to understand the progress of technology and streaming media rights.
- Investors and finance – wanting an overview of investment viability in sports media rights.
The most accurate data on global media rights deals, plus peerless insight and analysis, on one easy to use digital platform.
- With well over 12,000 media rights deals going back over 20 years
- The most accurate and independent values and durations for major media rights deals
- Analysis and insight around the deals from a team of global analysts
- Every month we provide a detailed data-led snapshot of a particular, sport, geography or industry
- Subscribers also get access to the annual Global Media Rights Report
Uefa Club Competition Media Rights Report 18/19 - 20/21
Using detailed data and analysis we examines how TEAM Marketing (Uefa’s exclusive sales agent) sold rights in the 18/19 to 20/21 rights cycle, creating the fifth most valuable media rights property in the world.
Out now – £4,995
Major Sports Rights Agreements Analysis Report
Provides a comprehensive understanding of major global rights agreements, how much they are worth and when they are going to expire from buyers like beIN Sports and leading OTT services like DAZN.
Out now – £9,995
Global Media Report 2019
The most comprehensive examination of the sports media rights landscape, based on our market-leading media rights data, covering the world’s 10 biggest sports, 20 largest properties and top 10 markets.
Out now – £4,995