SportBusiness Consulting Global Media Report 2019
WHAT IS IN THE REPORT?
The 2019 edition of the SportBusiness Consulting Global Media Report provides the most comprehensive examination of the sports media rights landscape, based on our market-leading media rights data, together with analysis and insight from the SportBusiness Consulting team.
Find out media rights values for the world’s 10 biggest sports, 20 largest properties and the top 10 markets.Download Executive Summary
REPORT KEY FINDINGS
- Global sports media rights hit $51bn, the first time the $50bn mark has been crossed.
- Rights revenue is up 3.6% from 2018 and is projected to continue growing to reach $56.1bn in 2022.
- Football remains the dominant sport in global media rights accounting for $20.8bn.
- The most valuable league is the NFL generating $7.76bn per year.
- Huge domestic deals for the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball make the US the most valuable market.
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
- Broadcasters – needing an accurate understanding of values for global sports content.
- Rights holders – looking for global data on how to price property rights.
- Sports marketing agencies – that need comprehensive market analysis to get the best value for their clients.
- Technology platforms – needing to understand the progress of OTT and streaming media rights.
- Investors and finance – wanting an overview of investment viability in sports media rights.
WHY YOU NEED THE REPORT
Exclusive data on the $51bn global sports media rights market
The most accurate set of media values available anywhere
Understand the key trends across sports, properties and markets
Expert analysis from the SportBusiness Consulting team
Find out the biggest markets, most valuable properties and popular sports
Values and analysis on the world's biggest sports properties
- Executive Summary including the global value of sports media rights in 2019
- Global media rights values from 2015 to 2019 sports, properties and markets
- In-depth focus on the English Premier League
- In-depth market focus on the UK
- What to look out for in 2020
HOW DO I GET THIS REPORT?
There are just four simple steps:
- Click the button below and complete the form
- You will be given the option to download the report preview
- A member of our team will be in touch to explain usage and pricing for the full report
- Once purchased, the full report will be sent to you via email
SportBusiness is the most trusted global intelligence service, providing unique news, analysis, data, consulting and events which deliver competitive advantage to executives in the business of sport.
Launched in 1996, the company is at the heart of the sports industry, close to the decision-makers who are driving the sector. Headquartered from London, we also have operations in the Americas, including an office in Miami, and Asia, including an office in Singapore, giving us proximity to many of the leading companies in sport. This enables our respected editorial team to glean insight into commercial strategies, as well as business-critical data, which our clients can action and use in their business. The depth, accuracy and credibility of our analysis and data is what gives us our reputation for market-leading services in the sports business sector.