Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
The Casebook collects 15 case studies of 2020/21’s most important sports sponsorship activations from some of the world’s most innovative brands.
Each case study profiles an activation produced by a brand and a rights-holder and explains its objectives, the practical elements of the activation and the outcomes.
It includes case studies on activations from the finance, automotive, beer, video game sectors, and more. And features partners with very different platforms and possibilities, including the NFL, NBA, MLB, USTA, and more.
This year’s collection is unsurprisingly dominated by case studies of brands and creative agencies that found ways to activate successfully in the face of the challenges posed by Covid-19.
Want to know more? Download the sample case study to understand how the report can benefit you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Bank of America & MLB – Let’s Rally
- CarMax & the WNBA – Call Your Shot 2021
- Days Inn & The Golden Rays – Levelling the Playing Field: Travel Ball
- EA Sports & the NFL – Virtual Pro Bowl
- Foot Locker & the NBA – Thank You Basketball
- Heineken & MLS – Stadium in a Box #CheerFromHome
- Hudson’s Bay Company & the Canadian Olympic Committee – Canada Day Games
- Hyundai & Ottawa Bandits – Made for Those Who Drive Hockey
- IBM & the US Tennis Association – Enabling the 2020 Virtual Open
- JP Morgan Chase & the US Tennis Association – US Open Virtual Experiences
- Michelob Ultra/Microsoft & the NBA – Courtside
- Pepsi & the NFL/Pittsburgh Steelers – Rollin With Juju
- Scotiabank & the NHL/Hockey Canada and more – Hockey 24
- Toyota & the IPC/IOC/Team USA – The Jessica Long Story
- Verizon & the NFL – Fortnite Stadium
WHAT'S IN A CASE STUDY
- Learn how a Bank of America virtual event reached almost 50% of US Twitter users.
- See how sports stars were leveraged in one activation to achieve over 800 million social media impressions.
- Find out how Hyundai increased online traffic to its website by 1,700% with an innovative activation using TV and digital channels.
- Uncover how virtual fan events can be used to engage millions of fans through strategies targeted at particular groups of sports fans.
- Discover the tactics used by a beer brand to increase sales by 32% and generate billions of social media impressions.
- Learn about the strategy used by Scotiabank to increase brand awareness by 99%.
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
Creative agencies looking for inspiration for their own sporting activations and to see their work celebrated.
Brands that want to see how competitors are activating their sport sponsorship rights and understand how businesses are reaching the audience(s) they care about.
Rights-holders looking for ideas to bring to the table with their current and prospective sponsors.
SportBusiness Sponsorship subscribers get access to all our case studies and much more
- Case studies help you identify best practice in sponsorship activation
- Data snapshots help you understand the landscape around key sponsorship market, territories and sports
- The deals database lets you keep on top of what rights-holders and brands are doing and compare your portfolio against those of your peers
- Daily news keeps you up to date with the latest developments
- Key deal stories keep you abreast of competitor activity