Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
In this casebook, we collect our favourite case studies on activations aimed at North American audiences between August 2019 and September 2020. These 18 case studies explain brands’ best North America-focused sports sponsorship activations.
Each case study profiles an activation produced by a brand and a rights-holder, and explains its objectives, the practical elements of the activation and the outcomes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. The Autograph/Tim’s True Story – Tim Hortons & Hockey Canada
2. Call Your Shot – Carmax & the National Basketball Players Association
3. Crucial Catch – CHI Franciscan/Virginia Mason & the Seattle Seahawks
4. Drink Wiser – Budweiser & the NBA
5. Future Official – Budweiser & the National Women’s Soccer League
6. Goals Drive Progress – Audi & MLS
7. Hockey Tape (Shot on iPhone) – Apple & the NHL
8. Home is What Unites Us – Lowes & the NFL
9. Joel is Not Happy – Mountain Dew & the NBA
10. Laundry Night – Tide & the NFL
11. My Old Kentucky Home – Woodford Reserve & Churchill Downs Incorporated
12. Not All Heroes Wear Capes – Bud Light & MLB
13. The Return & #UltraCourtside – Michelob Ultra & the NBA
14. The Secret Kicker – Procter & Gamble & the NFL
15. Steal a Base, Steal a Taco – Taco Bell & MLB
16. Take Me Out & #BudLightHomers – Bud Light & MLB
17. There’s More Fun to Be Had – Captain Morgan & MLS
18. This Mama Keeps Going – Chase & the United States Tennis Association
- Find out how Apple and the NHL produced a campaign which achieved over 2 million views.
- How Taco Bell and the MLB collaborated and produced assets which potentially achieved a reach of over 24 million people.
- Discover what activation successfully achieved over 250,000 online views, due to its collaboration with the IIHF Ice Hockey World Junior Championships.
- Which campaign earned media exposure worth between $100,000 and $160,000, and the hospital groups split $20,000 raised through the sale of a particular NFL teams related merchandise.
- Find out how many millions of views did a campaign between Lowes and NFL produce.
- What brand blended a national and local market campaign to drive awareness of its new personalised online services and successfully achieving over 3 million Youtube views.
- Discover how many hundreds of thousands of social media mentions did Bud Light’s campaign with MLB achieve.
- Covered by a range of US media outlets which included CNBA and GMA, find out which campaign achieved 727 social media conversations.
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
Brands and sponsors that want to see what top-class activations look like in the regions and sports they care about
Rights-holders looking for ideas to bring to the table with their current and prospective sponsors.
Creative agencies looking for inspiration and to see their good work celebrated
Giving agencies, brands & rights-holders true added value through sponsorship deal data, activation campaign case studies and daily news
- Daily news keeps you up to date with the latest developments
- Key deal stories keep you abreast of competitor activity
- Case studies help you identify best practice in sponsorship activation
- Data snapshots help you understand the landscape around key sponsorship market, territories and sports
- The deals database lets you keep on top of what rights-holders and brands are doing and compare your portfolio against those of your peers
Uefa Club Competition Media Rights Report 18/19 - 20/21
Using detailed data and analysis we examines how TEAM Marketing (Uefa’s exclusive sales agent) sold rights in the 18/19 to 20/21 rights cycle, creating the fifth most valuable media rights property in the world.
Out now – £4,995
Europe 2020 Activation Casebook
15 in-depth profiles of cutting edge European sport sponsorship activations, from regional and global brands.
Out now – £299
Asia-Pacific Sponsorship Activation Casebook 2020
10 in-depth profiles of cutting edge Asian-Pacific sport sponsorship activations, from regional and global brands.
Out now – £299