Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
The Casebook collects 25 case studies of 2020’s most important sports sponsorship activations from some of the world’s most innovative brands.
Each case study profiles an activation produced by a brand and a rights-holder, and explains its objectives, the practical elements of the activation and the outcomes.
It includes case studies on activations from the Beer, Technology, Automotive, Banking, Insurance and Consumer Goods sectors and more. And features partners with very different platforms and possibilities, including the NFL, NHL, MLB, Uefa, Liverpool FC, the AELTC and more.
This year’s collection is unsurprisingly dominated by case studies of brands and creative agencies that found ways to activate successfully in the face of the challenges posed by Covid-19.
Want to know more? Download the sample case study to understand how the report can benefit you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accor, QNB, Ooredoo, Nike and more & Paris Saint-Germain – Tous Unis (All Together)
- adidas & Leeds United FC – Ready for Leeds
- Apple & the NHL – Hockey Tape (Shot on iPhone)
- Bud Light & MLB – Take Me Out & #BudLightHomers
- Carlsberg & Liverpool FC – Virtual Champions Red Keg
- Castle Lager & the South African Football Association/SA Rugby/Cricket South Africa – One Nation, One Jersey (One Beer)
- Cisco & Man City – Blue Moon
- Deloitte & the United States Golf Association – U.S. Open AR
- Dove Men+Care & England Rugby/Scottish Rugby/Welsh Rugby Union/Irish Rugby Union – Care for Every Position You Play
- Evian & the AELTC – Thank You Key Workers
- Grant Thornton & the PGA Tour/The Players Championship – Swing
- IBM & the AELTC – The Greatest Championships
- Joma & Villarreal CF – Our Colours, Our Skin
- Kia & Uefa – Trophy Tour/Heroes Walk/OMBC/Undeniable
- Lowes & the NFL – Home is What Unites Us
- Mastercard & the R&A – The e-Open
- Michelob Ultra & the NBA – The Return & #UltraCourtside
- Mountain Dew & the NBA – Joel is Not Happy
- Nike & VfL Bochum – No Fuss. Football as It Should Be
- PreZero & TSG 1899 Hoffenheim – #SauberesSpiel/#CleanGame
- Puma & AC Milan – 2020-21 Home Kit Launch
- Santander & Uefa – Santander Media House
- Sony Interactive Entertainment & Uefa – PlayStation FC Final
- Verizon & NFL – 5G Stadium Experience
- Woodford Reserve & Churchill Downs Incorporated – My Old Kentucky Home
WHAT'S IN A CASE STUDY
- Find out how Apple achieved millions of campaign views in partnership with the NHL.
- Discover how PSG sponsors Nike, Accor, QNB & Ooredoo helped raise hundreds of thousands for healthcare staff during the COVID pandemic.
- Learn about the creative marketing tactics used by adidas to produce a campaign that, after just 48 hours, sold out Leeds United shirts and achieved millions of social impressions.
- Find out how MLB/Bud Light, US Open/Deloitte, Liverpool FC/Carlsberg, NFL/Lowe’s (and more) innovatively activated sports sponsorships in markets and sports affected by COVID to achieve millions in impressions and social value.
- Understand the tactics employed by brands to thank key workers in partnership with rights holders around the world and how this helped them to reach millions on social and mainstream media.
- Find out how a beer brand leveraged multiple sponsorships to create a combined campaign which increased sales by 100% (plus much more).
WHO IS THE CASEBOOK FOR?
Creative agencies looking for inspiration for their own sporting activations and to see their work celebrated.
Brands that want to see how competitors are activating their sport sponsorship rights and understand how businesses are reaching the audience(s) they care about.
Rights-holders looking for ideas to bring to the table with their current and prospective sponsors.
SportBusiness Sponsorship subscribers get access to all our case studies and much more
- Case studies help you identify best practice in sponsorship activation
- Data snapshots help you understand the landscape around key sponsorship market, territories and sports
- The deals database lets you keep on top of what rights-holders and brands are doing and compare your portfolio against those of your peers
- Daily news keeps you up to date with the latest developments
- Key deal stories keep you abreast of competitor activity