Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
Understanding the customer is critical to success in any business and this report is designed to provide sports businesses with valuable insight into what sports fans around the world think and how they engage with and value different sports propositions.
More than 10,000 fans were surveyed across 10 global markets and the report offers a comprehensive analysis of the survey’s findings on topics including: Gameday, Sponsorship, Media, Fan Engagement, Power of Athletes and Betting.DOWNLOAD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Gameday including travel, stadium amenities, ticket prices, comparison with TV coverage.
2. Sponsorship including brand recognition, team and athlete affiliation, impact of poor behavior.
3. Media including platform adoption, paying subscribers, media consumption, pirate streaming.
4. Fan engagement including social media usage, food and drink promotions and ticket upgrades.
5. Power of Athletes including why fans follow athletes and the effect of athlete misbehavior.
6. Betting including how many sports fans bet, betting sponsorship of sports and integrity of sports and better.
- Percentage of fans citing ticket prices as a main reason stopping them attending MORE events.
- How many fans citing quality of TV coverage as a main reason for not attending events.
- The percentage of fans who don’t subscribe to Pay sports because there is sufficient on free TV.
- The truth on sports fans that have never watched sport via pirate internet stream.
- Number of fans who do not use any of the leading social media platforms to follow sport.
- What would make fans stop following an athlete?
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
- Brands and agencies – essential fan data to understand what potential audiences engage with, from endorser athletes to the popularity of sports in specific regions.
- Rights holders – get a detailed understanding of audience size, compare fan interest across sports and regions.
- Broadcasters – understand markets for entry to get an informed understanding of global sports fans’ interests.
- Executives looking for insights and analysis on global sports fans’ data
Global coverage on news, insight and analysis on business of sport from New York, London and Singapore
GLOBAL DAILY NEWS
From a global editorial team in each of the major sports markets of the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Insight behind all the deals, decisions, strategies, industry-moves, technology, finance, legal and governance shaping the business of sport.
DETAILED COVERAGE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS
Our journalists work together with our media and sponsorship data analysts to give you the complete picture of the stories that matter. For key topics such as financial and legal issues we produce dedicated content that is not available anywhere else.
INTERVIEWS WITH THE DECISION-MAKERS IN SPORT
We have unprecedented access to the people at the heart of the industry, so you can hear their strategies and thoughts first hand via our expert global editorial teams in New York, London and Singapore.
Understanding the Sports Data Challenge Report
Examines in detail the challenges facing rights holders, sponsors and other stakeholders in the use of data analytics in sports marketing and its impact on the sports economy.
Out now – £695
Global Media Report 2019
The most comprehensive examination of the sports media rights landscape, based on our market-leading media rights data, covering the world’s 10 biggest sports, 20 largest properties and top 10 markets.
Out now – £4,995
Uefa Club Competition Media Rights Report 18/19 - 20/21
Using detailed data and analysis we examines how TEAM Marketing (Uefa’s exclusive sales agent) sold rights in the 18/19 to 20/21 rights cycle, creating the fifth most valuable media rights property in the world.
Out now – £4,995