Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
This report contains 15 case studies: our pick of Europe’s most interesting, innovative or instructive sponsorship activations from approximately the last 12 months.
Each of our case studies takes an activation produced by a brand and a rights-holder and explains the objectives of the campaign, details the practical elements of the activation and reports the outcomes.
As in previous European selections, football dominates, plausibly as limited activation funds amid Covid-19 flowed to the highest-profile partnerships.
In association with
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- #BKMenuCourt – Burger King & 2K Sports
- #FCBayernPulse #HeartbeatFinal – Siemens & Bayern Munich
- A World United – DHL & Manchester United
- British Grand Prix Drive-In for NHS Workers – Heineken & Formula One
- Collaborative Campaign – Beko/Boulanger & FC Barcelona
- Design Our Logo Contest – Lenovo & Ducati Corse
- Dreamers (Wizarchy) – Ria Money Transfer & Atlético Madrid
- Düren Fährt MAN/Düren Drives MAN – MAN & 1.FC Düren
- Hunger for Europe – Olympique de Marseille & Uber Eats
- It’s a Chelsea Thing – Nike & Chelsea FC
- Make Your Home the Home End – Coca-Cola & the Premier League
- Most Beautiful Shirt in the Netherlands – DPG Media & the Royal Dutch Football Association
- Opening Party – Heineken & Uefa
- Tap and Move – Skrill & AC Milan
- Where We Belong (Meet Len) – adidas & Arsenal
WHAT'S IN A CASE STUDY
- See how one brand’s activation generated immeasurable brand recognition by raising over €5m to help tackle the Covid pandemic.
- Learn what it took a brand to engage followers from over 200 countries in its activation.
- Find out what methods Beko used to activate its sponsorship and record a 39-per-cent increase in sales as a result of the activation.
- Understand what it takes to achieve millions of impressions across a wide range of activations and brand industries.
- Discover methods to help sports sponsorship activations trend on social media achieving not just impressions, but clicks and engagement too.
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
Creative agencies looking for inspiration for their own sporting activations and to see their work celebrated.
Brands that want to see how competitors are activating their sport sponsorship rights and understand how businesses are reaching the audience(s) they care about.
Rights-holders looking for ideas to bring to the table with their current and prospective sponsors.
SportBusiness Sponsorship subscribers get access to all our case studies and much more
- Case studies help you identify best practice in sponsorship activation
- Data snapshots help you understand the landscape around key sponsorship market, territories and sports
- The deals database lets you keep on top of what rights-holders and brands are doing and compare your portfolio against those of your peers
- Daily news keeps you up to date with the latest developments
- Key deal stories keep you abreast of competitor activity