Inside, you will find a breakdown and analysis of historic, current, and future deals for Uefa national teams’ competitions. The analysis will cover major deals across 50 global territories by Uefa and its selling agent CAA Eleven, for the Uefa European Championships, Uefa European Qualifiers and the Uefa Nations League competitions.
The Report provides a comprehensive background analysis of the historic evolution of Uefa national teams’ competitions sales, covering a thirty-year period.
Keep scrolling and download the executive summary for a more detailed overview of the report’s contents. Or, if you would like to speak to our team about the contents and pricing, click here.
HOW DOES IT HELP?
Understand historic trends and scope out potential developments in the sector
Understand what factors influence rights deals in Uefa nations
Find opportunities to enter this media rights sector
See where growth lies among other nations or international properties
Spot opportunities to create competition and generate more revenue
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The evolution of European national team rights sales
- General market and historical context around Uefa National Teams rights sale process
European Markets Overview
Market-by-market analysis of 28 key selected European territories, including:
- United Kingdom
International Markets Overview
Market-by-market analysis of key selected international territories
- Asia and Oceania – 15 markets including Australia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea
- Middle East and Africa – including Israel, MENA, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Americas – including Brazil, Canada, Latin America, US
- Gain insight into the €1.76bn media revenues generation in 202-21 from CAA Eleven’s sale of Uefa Euro 2020, European Qualifiers, Nations League and friendlies.
- Find out how the introduction of new competitions and formats has increased revenue and interest.
- Discover how the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in the revenue for national teams in 2019-20 dropping at less than half of the equivalent figure in 2018-19.
- Learn why the value for deals agreed for the 2018-2022 cycle is in many cases significantly higher when compared to the 2014-2018 cycle.
- Uncover the rise in interest and value of Uefa properties outside Europe, with the United States leading the way with a value increase of over 200% in the 2018-2022 cycle.