Inside, you will find a breakdown and analysis of historic and current deals agreed for Uefa club competitions. The analysis will cover major deals agreed across 50 global territories by Uefa and its selling agent Team Marketing for the Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League, Super Cup and Youth League.
The report provides a comprehensive background analysis of the historic evolution of Uefa club competitions sales, as well as an overview of the 2024-27 cycle, the changes to the competition format and an insight on the competitive bidding process to be Uefa’s official commercial rights agent.
The report also provides insight on the first agreement signed by Uefa for global betting data rights.DOWNLOAD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
HOW DOES IT HELP?
UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF UEFA CLUB COMPETITION RIGHTS, PLUS THE FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE THIS
UNDERSTAND TACTICS FOR THE COMMERCIALISATION AND MONETISATION OF RIGHTS TO FEED INTO YOUR STRATEGY
MAKE CONFIDENT DECISIONS ON YOUR SALES OR ACQUISITION STRATEGY
SPOT OPPORTUNITIES TO ENTER A COMPETITIVE RIGHTS MARKET AND MITIGATE RISKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
BENCHMARK VALUES AMONG MAJOR PROPERTIES WITH ONE OF THE WORLD'S BIGGEST RIGHTS HOLDERS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section 1: The evolution of Uefa club competitions rights sales
General market and historical context around Uefa club competitions rights sale process
Section 2: European markets
Market-by-market analysis of 33 key selected European territories, including:
- and more
Section 3: International markets
Market-by-market analysis of 17 key selected international territories, including:
- Indian Subcontinent
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- United States
- and more
Section 4: Betting data rights
Overview of the global betting data rights agreement
- Understand how Uefa and TEAM Marketing generated a 23% increase in value from the 2021/22 cycle to the 2023/24 cycle.
- Assess the impact of increased inventory – from more competition formats – and how it has fed into greater competition among pay-TV broadcasters.
- Uncover which properties act as a driving force in interest, viewership, revenue, and competition.
- Break down the sales and tender strategies that have added extra levels of exclusivity for broadcasters and the effect this has had on revenue.
- Find out where and why the sales process has not been so successful recently.
- Learn about Uefa’s betting rights deal, how this was negotiated, and what it covers.
- Plus, understand Uefa’s innovation in its offering – from format changes to inventory – and how these are expected to impact the next sales cycle.