The Balkans media rights report is designed to help rights-holders, broadcasters, agencies and financial institutions make informed decisions about the commercialisation and monetisation of media rights in the Balkans region.
The latest process of renewals in the region is analysed in detail in this report, as is the recent business of the region’s two major broadcasters: Telekom Srbija and United Media.
We examine in detail the historic dualism between the two major broadcasters in market, exploring the commercial strategies and competitive landscape that has made the Balkans an active and profitable market for international rights-holders despite the global pandemic.
DOWNLOAD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Global market context
Overview of the global media rights landscape
The Balkans media rights landscape
Analysis of the Balkans region from a macro-economic perspective
Analysis of the Balkans’ broadcasting market, with a focus on United Media, Telekom Srbija, and other major competitors in the region
Analysis of the most-valuable international media-rights properties in the region
Analysis of media-rights revenues for domestic properties across the region
- Learn how most of the top 10 international sports media properties secured significant increases in new media rights deals over the last three years in the region.
- See which sports dominate the regional media rights market, and how their media rights value has changed.
- Understand what ramifications the rivalry between the two main broadcasters in the region have had on the sports broadcasting landscape.
- Find out about the bidding processes and historic value reached to secured key sports properties.
WHY YOU NEED THIS REPORT
Understand the value of media rights in the Balkans, and the factors that influence this
Benchmark values among major properties in the region
Understand tactics for the commercialisation and monetisation of rights to feed into your strategy
Make confident decisions on your sales or acquisition strategy
Spot opportunities to enter a competitive rights market and mitigate risks for your business
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
- Broadcasters – needing an accurate understanding of values for sports content in the region.
- Rights-holders – looking for data on how to price property rights.
- Sports marketing agencies – that need comprehensive market analysis to get the best value for their clients.
- Investors and finance – wanting an overview of investment viability in sports media rights.
INTERESTED IN THE FULL REPORT?
Data from SportBusiness Media
The most accurate data on global media rights deals, plus peerless insight and analysis, on one easy to use digital platform.
- With well over 24,000 media rights deals going back over 20 years
- The most accurate and independent values and durations for major media rights deals
- Analysis and insight around the deals from a team of global analysts
- Every month we provide a detailed data-led snapshot of a particular, sport, geography or industry
- Subscribers also get access to the annual Global Media Rights Report