Reports with actionable insight and analysis powered by data
This report provides an in-depth analysis of both the domestic and international sports properties across multiple sports and multiple markets, including the latest sports media developments in Southeast Asia. It identifies which rightsholders have preferred to agree deals on a panregional basis and which go market-by-market, and the effect this has had on the value.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Southeast Asia region overview
Southeast Asian region, including Hong Kong and Taiwan, from a macro-economic perspective, with focus on key television consumption indicators.
2. Fox Sports and the Asia Region
Analysis of Fox Sports Asia following its decision to exit the market, with focus on historical developments of its operations in the region and key properties acquired. Also included is a brief analysis of Fox’s competitors in the region.
Main properties analysed include:
- German Bundesliga
- Formula One
- Spanish LaLiga
- Italian Serie A
- US Open
- Australian Open
- The Open Championship
3. Market-by-market analysis
Analysis of the key markets in the region, including:
- Hong Kong
- Thailand, Laos and Cambodia
Find out which five sports channels Disney has planned to close which are operated by its Fox Networks Group subsidiary in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Fox Sports channels are understood to be broadcast in around 30 million homes across the region. SportBusiness understands this number has fallen sharply in only a few years, find out by how much.
Fox Sports’ now-expired deal for Bundesliga rights across Asia and the Americas was one of the broadcaster’s biggest pan-regional deals. Discover the value of the deal across all markets per season.
- The SEA region, including Taiwan and Hong Kong, has a combined population of 641 million people. Find out what the five most populous countries in the region are.
Find out the total number of broadband subscribers in 2020.
WHO IS THE REPORT FOR?
- Broadcasters – understand the value of the media rights in order to effectively budget, or even to plan an acquisitions strategy and discover what competitors are doing.
- Rights holders – keep on top of trends and best practice, plus glean insights on competitors.
- Agencies – discover who is working with who, what they are doing and how much they are spending.
- Technology platforms – needing to understand the progress of technology and streaming media rights.
How to purchase this report
Thank you for your interest in the Southeast Asia, Hong Kong & Taiwan Media Rights Report
The most accurate data on global media rights deals, plus peerless insight and analysis, on one easy to use digital platform.
- With well over 21,000 media rights deals going back over 20 years
- The most accurate and independent values and durations for major media rights deals
- Analysis and insight around the deals from a team of global analysts
- Every month we provide a detailed data-led snapshot of a particular, sport, geography or industry
- Subscribers also get access to the annual Global Media Rights Report