Formula E chief executive Alejandro Agag has said he hopes to attract “three or four” manufacturers next season with the aim of the new motor racing series becoming a full world championship.
Formula E chief executive Alejandro Agag has said the new motor racing series is engaged in talks with additional automotive manufacturers and is targeting an initial public offering (IPO), as it prepares to make its debut tomorrow (Saturday).
Experts in commercial landscape of Formula One met at SportBusiness International headquarters last month to debate the real extent to which stakeholders in the sport are achieving ROI. Will Formula E be competitive to Formula One? Is the sponsorship proposition as attractive to brands as it has been in the past? And who should replace Bernie Ecclestone when he leaves the sport? All of this, and more, was discussed in depth.
Former Formula One driver Jarno Trulli has announced he will enter a team into motor-racing’s new Formula E Championship.
Formula E organisers have announced that Long Beach will replace Los Angeles as one of two US races for the debut season of the world’s first fully-electric motor-racing series.
The Formula E motor racing series has received a boost ahead of its debut season with its promoter securing fresh investment totalling €50m ($69.5m) from existing partner Qualcomm and private equity fund Amura Capital.