Asian online betting company V9BET has agreed a deal for retired Uruguayan footballer Diego Forlán to be its first brand ambassador.
Forlán will help promote the brand across Asia ahead of the upcoming Uefa Euro 2020 tournament, and will also join V9BET members at the Euro 2020 final. Branded content will be produced in the run-up to the tournament featuring Forlán sharing his thoughts on V9BET’s products and insights on Euro 2020.
A spokesperson for V9BET said: “We are proud to announce Diego Forlán as our 2020 Official Brand Ambassador for V9BET. We hope this partnership brings more trust and assurance to our valued members.”
V9BET was established in 2012 and offers betting services in languages including Vietnamese and Thai.
Forlán is currently the manager of Uruguayan team Club Atlético Peñarol. During his playing career, he played at clubs including Manchester United, Villareal, Atlético Madrid and Inter Milan, as well as representing his country.
The deal was brokered by agency Mediapro Asia. It is the latest in a series of ambassador deals struck by the agency, including:
- Steven Gerrard with betting company Yabo Sports
- Robin Van Persie with betting company BK8
- Emile Heskey with betting company W88 (already ended)
- Peter Schmeichel with betting company 188BET
- Luis Suárez and Tourism Malaysia (already ended)
- Sadio Mané and Tourism Indonesia (already ended)