Uefa and the Team Marketing agency have initiated the process to invite offers for licensing rights across 11 different categories during the 2021-24 club competitions cycle.
The latest categories on offer for the creation of Uefa club competition branded licensing products include the ‘Official Licensed Watch Partner’, on-site and online retail, luggage, male grooming and confectionery.
The sales process is being handled by Team, which exclusively markets media, sponsorship and licensing rights to the Uefa Champions League, Uefa Europa League, Uefa Europa Conference League, Uefa Super Cup and Uefa Youth League.
Separate sales processes for the different categories will be launched in the third quarter of this year. In the meantime, prospective bidders have been asked to contact Team by July 10 to take part in the sales process.
Club and player rights are not being granted as part of the process as they have to be secured directly from the IP owners.
The sales process will follow earlier licensing rights sales for categories including video games and esports, sticker albums and trading cards, shirt patches, trophy replicas, along with toys and board games.
The full list of the categories on offer during the latest licensing rights auction are:
- Main watch (Official Licensed Watch Partner)
- White Label Watch (no manufacturer branding on product)
- Unbranded Apparel & Novelty (no manufacturer branding on products)
- Onsite Finals Retail (merchandise sales points at competition finals)
- Online Retail (Official UEFA online store for various regions)
- Other Retail (Direct to retail, Brick & Mortar, etc.)
- Business Accessories
- Finals Panoramic Photograph products
- Male Grooming (body care products)