Telecom Argentina has signed as a technology partner of the Estadio Uno, the new home of Argentinean Primera División club Estudiantes de la Plata.
The strategic alliance will see Telecom Argentina provide Wifi and 4G connectivity solutions in the new venue, along with its shops, restaurants and museum.
Flow, the telco’s streaming platform, will be the main sponsor of the stadium complex and will generate content for the club in the stadium and training ground, and via the club’s digital channels and club app. Flow will also sponsor the club’s esports team.
Under the deal, Telecom Argentina will provide the following services at Estadio Uno:
- Fixed and mobile connectivity: 100mb of internet connectivity will be provided for the club and up to 2gb on match days or events
- Dedicated mobile connectivity solutions for greater 4G personal coverage
- Unified communications system throughout the club administration
- Flow production boxes in the stadium for internal use by the club administration
- A system for video surveillance of the stadium and the surrounding sports complex
- Digital signage in the main public spaces of the stadium
- Cybersecurity solutions.
The 30,018-capacity Estadio Uno opens on November 9 and includes the following features:
- A wind turbine to generate a backup supply of power to press booths, as well as the changing room area and the basketball court
- A new pitch using Playmaster hybrid grass technology, also utilised by football clubs Juventus, Ajax and Bordeaux in Europe and Cruz Azul in Mexico
- An LED screen 12 metres wide by six metres long at the top of the 57th Street Stand.
- A roof that has UV protection and is resistant to all weather.
According to the club, the stadium will be ‘the first 100-per-cent-LED football stadium’ in Argentina, reducing energy consumption by more than 40 per cent.