Leaders and the Aspire Academy have announced the shortlist for the second annual Leaders Under 40 Awards, the global search for the best talent in the business of sport under the age of 40.
In total, 780 nominations were received over the nine-month campaign with 35 candidates selected to join the Class of 2016. The categories covered this year include Marketing & Communications, Sales, Digital & Technology, Leadership and Entrepreneurship with 60 international judges involved in the selection process.
The Class of 2016 will be honoured at the official black tie Awards Dinner held at London’s Natural History Museum on October 4, the evening before the Leaders Sport Business Summit commences at Stamford Bridge, home of English Premier League football club Chelsea FC.
During the Awards all 35 candidates selected for the Class of 2016 will be recognised for their achievement with one person per category singled out on the night by the judges for the impact they have made to their discipline, organisation and sport.
The Leaders Under 40 Class of 2016
Digital & Technology
• Chris Schlosser, Senior Vice President and General Manager, MLS Digital, Major League Soccer
• Alexandra Willis, Head of Communications, Content and Digital, All England Club
• Tim Greenberg, Senior Vice President, Digital, World Surf League
• Diego Gigliani, Senior Vice President, Media and Innovation, City Football Group
• Victor Alvarado, Chief Marketing Officer, Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación, A.C.
• Nuno Moura, Global Brand Digital Director, Nike
• Stephen McArdle, Executive Vice President, Digital Media and Strategic Planning, National Hockey League
• Will Dean, Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder, Tough Mudder, Inc.
• Nicholas Horbaczewski, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, The Drone Racing League
• Sanjit Atwal, Founder, Squawka
• Igor Ulis, Chief Executive Officer, Omnigon
• Danny Townsend, Global Chief Revenue Officer, Repucom
• Jason Robins, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, DraftKings
• Tom Vernon, Founder of Right to Dream / Chairman of F.C. Nordsjaelland, Right to Dream / FC Nordsjaelland
Marketing & PR
• Daniel Glantz, Global Head of Sponsorship, AIG
• Olivier van Lindonk, Senior Vice President, IMG Tennis, IMG
• Matt McKie, Global Marketing Director – EA Sports FIFA, EA Sports
• Todd Fischer, Senior Vice President, Global Sports and Entertainment Consulting, GMR Marketing
• John-Olav Evans, Marketing Director, Norwegian Ski Federation
• Melissa Proctor, Chief Marketing Officer, Atlanta Hawks and Philips Arena
• Scott Bowers, Group Communications Director, The Jockey Club
• Matthew O’Donohoe, Head of International Sales and Business Development, CAA
• Cole Gahagan, Chief Revenue Officer, Ticketmaster North America
• Nathan Lindberg, Director, ESports Sales, Twitch
• Brett Clarke, Global Head of Business Development and Marketing Partnerships, Nitro Circus
• Wendy Jiang Jing, Commercial Vice President, APAC, Women's Tennis Association
• Nick Baker, Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships, AEG
• John Younger, Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships, IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway
• Rory Brown, President, Bleacher Report
• Samuel Hollis, Chief Operating Officer, America's Cup 35
• Elkhan Mammadov, General Secretary, Association of Football Federations of Azerbaijan
• Connor Schell, Senior Vice President and Executive Producer, ESPN Films and Original Content, ESPN
• Omar Berrada, Chief Operating Officer, Manchester City F.C.
• Nakisa Bidarian, Chief Financial Officer, UFC
• James Johnson, Head of Professional Football, FIFA