Indonesian media company Mola TV has acquired OTT rights for all matches from Uefa Euro 2020.
It is the latest in a string of recent media rights acquisitions for the company, which entered the market earlier this year with a surprise acquisition of English Premier League rights. Previously a relatively small OTT service with movies and entertainment, Mola now has a growing portfolio of sports content.
Its rights for Euro 2020 are exclusive on OTT platforms and cover all 52 matches. Broadcaster MNC has the exclusive free-to-air and pay-television rights to the tournament in Indonesia, and is showing 39 matches. Both deals were brokered by the IMG agency.
Mola’s other recent deals include:
- Rights for national team, domestic cup, women’s league and Soeratin Cup (a youth competition) football, acquired from the Indonesian football federation (PSSI)
- Rights for Euro 2020 qualifier matches
- Rights for the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana football competitions
- Motorsport rights for World Rally Championship, Formula E and World Superbikes
- Davis Cup tennis rights
- Rights for some badminton and boxing events.
Mola has also added sports-themed game shows and documentaries.
Mola’s sports coverage is available to view via its website and app. The company has also teamed with Indonesian electronics manufacturer Polytron to launch an internet-connected television set and set-top box that come pre-loaded with the app.