This new report (coming Q4 2020) will provide a deep-dive, proprietary data driven insight into Italian Serie A media rights, powered by SportBusiness’s data and 25 years experience tracking and analysing the market.
Providing you with both historical context and current developments of Italian Serie A rights; examining the deals, market drivers and the competitive landscape around each rights cycle from 2009 onwards. We will also look in-depth at the latest cycle by domestic market and 16 international territories.
The report focuses on three main areas:
- Analysis of domestic media revenues 2009 – 2021
- Analysis of international media revenues 2009 – 2021
- Analysis of 16 key media agreements and rights fees
1: Analysis of Italian Serie A domestic media revenues 2009 - 2021
Beginning with the 2009-10 season, when the Lega Calcio started selling the rights, taking over from the individual clubs, we comprehensively analyse the domestic media rights situation in Italy.
We then focus on the current rights cycle, breaking down the total domestic value and analysing the what each of the four domestic broadcasters (Sky, DAZN, Rai and Mediaset) obtained from their acquisitions, together with how the content is split between each (broadcasters) channel around an average in-season weekend.
- Historical analysis of the value of the league and how it has changed between 2009-10 to 2020-21.
- How the current domestic rights fee is divided up between its different broadcast partners.
- How the different broadcast partners exploit their rights across a typical Serie A weekend.
Register your interest for an exclusive discount
2: Analysis of Italian Serie A international media revenues 2009 - 2021
Analysis of the structure of international rights focussing on key data points and historical observations of the commercial dynamics that impact international rights for Serie A from 2009 – 2021. We also focus on the most recent cycle and the drivers that caused it’s value to be reduced twice, from around €340m, to what is believed to be approx. €295m.
- Historical analysis of the international value of the league and how it has changed between 2009-10 to 2020-21.
- Analysis of the different areas based on relevant criteria (i.e. most valuable area).
3: Analysis of 16 individual media agreements and previous rights fees
We combine our market-leading data with key insights and trends, to give you the key commercial drivers in each market / territory.
- Insight into the sale processes in each market / territory.
- Detailed overviews of the following key markets / territories:
Albania, Balkans, Belgium, China, DACH, France, Greece, Japan, Latin America, Middle East & North Africa, Nordics, Portugal, Spain, Sub-Saharan Africa, UK, USA.
We are currently in the final stages of compiling this report. However if you would like us to include another market, then there is still time to let us know. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our consulting team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
Coming Q4 2020
To receive an exclusive discount on the Italian Serie A Media Rights 2009-21 Report as soon as its published, please register your interest. Examining every Serie A rights cycle from 2009 onwards. Analysing the deals, market drivers and competitive landscape; includes a detailed breakdown of the 2020-21 cycle by domestic and 16 international territories.