Sports Matters Academy discussed the sports sponsorship business with a host of leading practitioners in two live, online sessions on May 12, 2022. The panellists talked about the basics of the sponsorship business and how they have developed their careers within it.
Part 1 – WFA, Cisco, UBS and Football Marketing Asia
- Ranji David, Asia Director – Marketing Services, WFA
- Chris Bowman, Director of Marketing, Asia-Pacific, Webex by Cisco
- Michael Corcoran, Director, Brand Activation, Sponsorships and Events, UBS
- Al Buset, Senior Vice President Partnerships, FMA
Part 2 – CAA, CSM, Unilever and NBA
- Samantha Chen, Executive Vice-President Partnerships & Strategic Development APAC, Creative Artists Agency
- Lesley Murphy, Regional Director, CSM Sport and Entertainment
- Willem Dinger, Global Brand Partnerships Director, Unilever
- Francesco Suarez, Vice President Marketing Partnerships, Events, and Basketball Operations, NBA Asia
Sports Matters Academy is a free educational content series, produced by industry events organiser Branded, and with SportBusiness acting as one of the main partners. It is aimed at those contemplating a career in the sports industry, or seeking to advance an existing career. Through discussions with experienced industry experts, the content equips viewers with an understanding of important industry sub-sectors and gives insights into how to develop their careers.
- Player Management – 24 May
- Legal Matters: Basic Sports and Content Protection Law – 9 June
- The Metaverse Matters – 23 June