The fourth module of sports industry careers and educational content series Sports Matters Academy focused on the production of live sports events. It featured speakers from ASM Global, the HSBC Singapore Rugby Sevens, ONE Championship, Grabyo, Football Marketing Asia, Sport Singapore, and more.
Topics discussed include: the return of the Asia-Pacific live events industry after the pandemic; the future of live sports events; new technologies for events; what sponsorship looks like in a new world of ‘hybrid’ events; and how to integrate pandemic risk control measures whilst still letting spectators enjoy themselves.
Part 1: Grabyo, Tiger Sports Media and ASM Global
- Paul Sergeant OBE, Executive Vice President Operations Asia & The Gulf, ASM Global (Asia Pacific, India & Middle East)
- Sandra Dharmawan, Consultant, Business and Product Development, Grabyo
- Dom Lau, Ring Announcer, ONE Championship
- Huw Bevan, Director, Tiger Sports Media
Part 2: Football Marketing Asia, HSBC Singapore Rugby Sevens, Presplay and Sport Singapore
- Beatrice Chia-Richmond, Owner/Creative Director, Presplay Pte Ltd
- Mo Yi Chern, Manager, Singapore Sevens Commercial and Partnerships, Global Spectrum Pico Pte Ltd / Singapore Sports Hub
- Raphael Jordi, SVP Operations, Football Marketing Asia
- Peggy Ting, Deputy Director, Sport Singapore