COMING TO AMERICA - Bayern Munich's New York office helps to secure new partners • JUVENTUS - the commercial strategy of Italy's top club • LOCAL FOCUS - NBA's flexible approach to global media sales • FACEBOOK - how to adapt to the social media giant's newsfeed changes • HEADLINER - Harris Blitzer Sport and Entertainment talk about creating global relevance • BEN MOREL - the NBA EMEA director on developing an overseas fanbase • BOSTON E PARTY - why Kraft invested in Overwatch • MEANINGFUL MERCHANDISE - Fanatics' Steve Davis on the firm's fast fashion model • WOMEN'S SPORT – interview with Marzena Bogdanowicz, head of commercial and marketing for women’s football at the FA • COMMONWEALTH GAMES - David Grevemberg on rebooting the Games for the 21st Century.Read on
EPL AUCTION - stagnant fees bring league to crossroads • SUPER BOWL ACTIVATIONS - the cutting edge of sports sponsorship activations • NFL 2017 IN DIGITAL - the highs and lows of the season on digital and social media • MY SUPER BOWL - thoughts on the big game from the stakeholders who make it happen • HEADLINER - San Francisco 49ers president Al Guido • NFL IN CHINA - Why the league is working with superstar singer Kris Wu • RIGHTS-HOLDERS & POLITICS - what we can learn from the response to 'take a knee' • SPORTEL BRIEFING - top-class TV Sports Markets coverage ahead of the SPORTELAsia conference • BEING BRILLIANT – behavioural scientist Kevin Brilliant on choice paralysisRead on
WINTER OLYMPICS - a commercial preview of Pyeongchang 2018 • RULE 40 - how the IOC's control over athlete sponsorships is weakening • GIANNI INFANTINO - Fifa's president talks exclusively to SportBusiness • NEWCASTLE FALCONS - the Premiership rugby club uses data to revive attendances and fan connection • MLS EXPANSION - the who and the why • MLS PRO-REL - USSF election brings the big debate back • DIGITAL ROUNDTABLE - experts predict the digital developments of 2018 • SAUDI ARABIA - what its political reforms mean for sport • ROLAND GARROS - the commercial impact of its long-awaited redevelopment • MONEY-CAN'T-BUY HOSPITALITY - the clubs taking fan experiences to the max • BEING BRILLIANT – behavioural scientist Kevin Brilliant on loyalty card schemesRead on
SPORTBUSINESS EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR – the 20 executives who have made the weather in 2017 • PRO KABADDI LEAGUE – India’s under-the-radar success • WOMEN’S SPORT – how to build on a successful summer for female events • FOOTBALL DATA – Finnish football’s data-driven approach to growth • ZHAO JUN – China’s ‘$8bn Sister’ on renegotiating the CSL deal • TIM CROW – four reasons why the UK sponsorship market is soft • RAKUTEN – global marketing director spells out company strategy • WINTER OLYMPICS – candidature process rebooted for Winter Games. • FRICTIONLESS STADIA – the technological innovations changing the fan experience • BEING BRILLIANT – our new columnist, behavioural scientist Kevin Brilliant on the psychology of queuingRead on
SEAN BRATCHES – Formula 1’s new commercial chief speaks exclusively to SportBusines International • NEW MEDIA – Legacy media companies move to consolidate as Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google target content • MAYWEATHER v McGREGOR – What can sport learn from crossover event? • SECRET FAN – The fan experience at the Gfinity Elite Series in London • WINNERS & LOSERS Who stands to benefit from the dual award of the 2024 and 2028 Olympics? • NEW POWER – How the electric vehicle revolution is transforming motorsport • PICTURE PERFECT – Fancam links spectators and sponsors through the ultimate crowd-selfie.Read on
QATAR CRISIS - BeIN hits out at 'scaremongering' • VIRTUAL REALITY - Is the much hyped technology finally ready to make a difference? • SPORTS BETTING IN THE USA - Coalition comes together to legalise betting • PLAYER SIGNINGS - How the Pogba Stormzy video created a social media space race • 'STORY DOING' - The B2B activations that are changing sports sponsorship • SIR CRAIG REEDIE - Wada president on reforms at the ant-doping organisation • SIBLING RIVALRY - Europa League emerges as a major brand in its own right • SECRET FAN - The Championships, Wimbledon • TEETHING TROUBLES - Four challenges facing esports. ARMCHAIR FANS - Taking a ride on the Samsung 'Slider'.Read on
MASS APPEAL - marketing sports events the Ironman way. • POST GRADUATE RANKINGS 2017 - The most reliable and respected ranking system for postgraduate sport management courses • GAME THEORY - Does gamification still have a place in the rights holder tool box? • FAMILY AFFAIR - What Vivendi's purchase of Havas means for sport. • ATHLETE PLATFORMS - Anodyne PR puff, or serious media players. • LAD CULTURE - Sport Bible teams up with Force India as F1 social media restrictions clear. • MAX SIEGEL - USATF chief on how he trebled revenues at the organisation. • EUROLEAGUE - Business case study on IMG and EuroLeague's joint venture. • IOC DUAL AWARD - Bach sets in motion attempts to lock Paris and LA in. • SECRET FAN - ONE Championship 'Dynasty of Heroes' Singapore.Read on
• ALT. BRANDS - The making of sport's most non-conformist team brands. • ON THE DOUBLE - LA and Paris welcome the inspectors as IOC mulls dual award. • AMAZON - Retail giant tests the water with NFL Thursday Night Football deal. • BREAKING2 - Nike's branded content 'moonshot' shakes up the sponsorship space. • SEBASTIAN COE - IAAF chief on the business and governance reforms he has implemented. • MARATHON MEN - Infront makes a bet on China's marathon boom. • LIVING WITH LIONS - The business of the British & Irish Lions. • FAN CHANNELS - Building a business model on passion.Read on
• SPORTACCORD - Baumann puts his stamp on the umbrella organisation • LAGARDÈRE - 'Crazy' African gamble looks set pay off • CHANNELLING ENGAGEMENT - The evolving landscape of football club channels • MEET THE BRIDGE BUILDER - Interview with George Mitchell • THE ART OF SNARK - Is it okay for a team to mock its rivals on Twitter? • THE BIG SHORT - How sports can evolve but keep their stakeholders on board • FIVE EASY PIECES - Five unexpected applications for data in sport • STATUTES OF LIBERTY - Which races are under threat in F1 shake-up?Read on
• THE GREAT DISRUPTOR - Brands and sports take sides in the Trump debate. • ALIBABA AND THE IOC - Partnership brings e-commerce and cloud computing to the TOP programme. • JOCHEN LÖSCH - MP & Silva’s new chief executive on the abundant opportunities in Latin America and China. • ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Should the impending emergence of machine learning empower or worry the world of sport? • OLYMPIC CHANNEL - 6 months after its launch we ask whether federations are benefiting from the new platform. • THE SECRET FAN - Mark Bradley travels to the Park de Princes to watch PSG versus Monaco. • NFL WINS FANS WITH MADDEN - American Football targets UK fans through EA Sports title. • GOING IT ALONE - Table tennis takes its rights in-house.Read on
• FC BARCELONA - How to become football’s first billion-euro-a-year club. • DATA MINING - The sport teams trying to understand their fans better. • ASK THE EXPERTS - The opportunities and threats for the US major leagues. • PAYING THE PRICE - The legal implications of English football’s sexual abuse scandal. • MORE THAN A GAME - Designing stadia for commercial return. • BID TO WIN - Does IOC bidding process need further reform? • ESPORTS - Stability is key for Overwatch League. • CATEGORY CREATORS - The new companies boosting US major league revenues. • INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - The impact of e-commerce and globalisation on sports licensing.Read on
• TOP 20 – We name the sport industry’s top 20 innovators
• ATTENTION ECONOMY – How sport can fight back in the battle for viewers’ attention
• ON THE EDGE – MMA’s bid to be an Olympic sport
• PITCH-SIDE ADVERTISING – Why Fifa is not ready to commit to digital replacement technology • CHINA CRISIS? – Has Chinese investment in sport entered a more cautious phase? • SOCCER'S FINAL FRONTIER – Big names show support for Americas Champions League • VIDEO – The best sports marketing videos of 2016 • SURVEY – Should Fifa stick with the same number of teams for the World Cup? • INTERVIEW – Mark Bullingham, the FA’s new commercial directorRead on
• HOSTING – Popular movements, public polls and why Rome voted against the Olympics • #NextGen – ATP launches tournament to promote new blood • JOIN OUR CLUB – Can horse racing finally fulfil its potential in China? • NEW SCHOOL – Tradition meets innovation in Wimbledon’s social media strategy • TAKING OFF – Why major players are taking a chance on drone racing • HEALTH HARVEY – Saracens CEO on his latest career challengeRead on
• FORMULA ONE – What the future holds under new owner Liberty Media
• UBER – Crashing the tailgate party with the Miami Dolphins
• HILLARY MANDEL – IMG Media’s head of North America on the agency’s evolution under WME
• CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – Uefa-EPFL battle heads for compromise • CHINA – We speak to the pioneers of the nascent cycling market • SOCIAL MEDIA – How Fiba has used YouTube and Facebook to live stream its youth tournaments • BASKETBALL FOCUS – UK and US fans surveyed on attitudes to the NBA • ASIAN BEACH GAMES – Hosting burden proves heavy for Vietnam • SPORTEL BRIEFING – TV Sports Markets previews the annual sports media bash in MonacoRead on
*Pokémon Go How rights holders and team owners can cash in on augmented reality and Niantic’s $3bn craze *Fans of the future 8 ways that fans will consume sports content in the future
*Charlie Stillitano The divisive figure behind the International Champions Cup distances himself from talk of a European Super League *Big in Japan How J.League’s media deal with the Perform Group will transform Japan’s football infrastructure *All bets are off Horse racing’s fight to reinvigorate its betting marketsRead on
*RIO 2016 How the spending on Rio stacks up versus previous Olympics, the security challenge, and more
*BRAZIL FOCUS Detailed information on Brazil’s sports media, sponsorship and event hosting sectors
*CHATRI SITYODTONG The pro fighter turned businessman tells us about positioning MMA for Asian markets
*TECH TRANSFORMING SPORT Eleven revolutionary technologies that you need to understand
*ESPORTS INTEGRITY Match-fixing and doping are threatening esports’ sponsorship revenues
*POSTGRADUATE RANKINGS See how the world’s top sports business postgraduate courses ranked in our special supplement
*LOGOS Some of the world’s leading design experts share their secrets for creating a memorable sports logo
*TICKETING StubHub’s deal with the Philly 76ers proves that the primary and secondary ticket markets are converging. We ask how sports properties can benefit from the evolution of the sector
*EUROLEAGUE Bertomeu and Francini on Euroleague’s ongoing struggle with Fiba
*THE RIGHTS STUFF The business of broadcasting the Olympics and the TV innovations to expect in Rio.
*FIBA We talk to Patrick Baumann, secretary general of the International Basketball Federation their dispute with the Euroleague over the future of European club basketball
*SCANDALS We analyse the results of a survey into how recent scandals have affected the way fans view sports
*WOMEN'S SPORTS We look at the business case for investing in women’s sports
*TOP SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME the IOC’s marketing chief about the continued evolution of the TOP sponsorship programme
*ULTIMATE SPORTS CITIES we reveal the winners of the SportBusiness Ultimate Sports Cities Awards 2016Read on
*CYCLING: With competing interests battling for supremacy, can a shared vision ever be achieved in professional cycling?
*VIRTUAL INNOVATION: How virtual reality technology is being used to improve sponsorship activations and to enhance the fan experience at sporting events.
*KOREA PLAN: Is tech-savvy South Korea ready to fulfil is untapped potential in the sports industry?
*READY FOR RIO: Will it be a case of alright on the night when the Olympics arrive in Brazil?Read on
*GOVERNING SPORT: Can federations lead sport out of the current wave of integrity crises, or are they holed below the waterline? We ask a federation board member, a PR expert, and an integrity specialist.
*PHILIPPE BLATTER: The CEO of Infront Sports & Media tells us about the agency’s integration with new Chinese owner Wanda Group.
*THE AUDIO STAR: How and why sports radio and podcasting are in rude health.
*TIM LEIWEKE: The former president and CEO of Anschutz Entertainment Group talks about disruption in the sports arena business.Read on