SEAN BRATCHES – Formula 1’s new commercial chief speaks exclusively to SportBusines International • NEW MEDIA – Legacy media companies move to consolidate as Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google target content • MAYWEATHER v McGREGOR – What can sport learn from crossover event? • SECRET FAN – The fan experience at the Gfinity Elite Series in London • WINNERS & LOSERS Who stands to benefit from the dual award of the 2024 and 2028 Olympics? • NEW POWER – How the electric vehicle revolution is transforming motorsport • PICTURE PERFECT – Fancam links spectators and sponsors through the ultimate crowd-selfie.Read on
QATAR CRISIS - BeIN hits out at 'scaremongering' • VIRTUAL REALITY - Is the much hyped technology finally ready to make a difference? • SPORTS BETTING IN THE USA - Coalition comes together to legalise betting • PLAYER SIGNINGS - How the Pogba Stormzy video created a social media space race • 'STORY DOING' - The B2B activations that are changing sports sponsorship • SIR CRAIG REEDIE - Wada president on reforms at the ant-doping organisation • SIBLING RIVALRY - Europa League emerges as a major brand in its own right • SECRET FAN - The Championships, Wimbledon • TEETHING TROUBLES - Four challenges facing esports. ARMCHAIR FANS - Taking a ride on the Samsung 'Slider'.Read on
MASS APPEAL - marketing sports events the Ironman way. • POST GRADUATE RANKINGS 2017 - The most reliable and respected ranking system for postgraduate sport management courses • GAME THEORY - Does gamification still have a place in the rights holder tool box? • FAMILY AFFAIR - What Vivendi's purchase of Havas means for sport. • ATHLETE PLATFORMS - Anodyne PR puff, or serious media players. • LAD CULTURE - Sport Bible teams up with Force India as F1 social media restrictions clear. • MAX SIEGEL - USATF chief on how he trebled revenues at the organisation. • EUROLEAGUE - Business case study on IMG and EuroLeague's joint venture. • IOC DUAL AWARD - Bach sets in motion attempts to lock Paris and LA in. • SECRET FAN - ONE Championship 'Dynasty of Heroes' Singapore.Read on
• ALT. BRANDS - The making of sport's most non-conformist team brands. • ON THE DOUBLE - LA and Paris welcome the inspectors as IOC mulls dual award. • AMAZON - Retail giant tests the water with NFL Thursday Night Football deal. • BREAKING2 - Nike's branded content 'moonshot' shakes up the sponsorship space. • SEBASTIAN COE - IAAF chief on the business and governance reforms he has implemented. • MARATHON MEN - Infront makes a bet on China's marathon boom. • LIVING WITH LIONS - The business of the British & Irish Lions. • FAN CHANNELS - Building a business model on passion.Read on
• SPORTACCORD - Baumann puts his stamp on the umbrella organisation • LAGARDÈRE - 'Crazy' African gamble looks set pay off • CHANNELLING ENGAGEMENT - The evolving landscape of football club channels • MEET THE BRIDGE BUILDER - Interview with George Mitchell • THE ART OF SNARK - Is it okay for a team to mock its rivals on Twitter? • THE BIG SHORT - How sports can evolve but keep their stakeholders on board • FIVE EASY PIECES - Five unexpected applications for data in sport • STATUTES OF LIBERTY - Which races are under threat in F1 shake-up?Read on
• THE GREAT DISRUPTOR - Brands and sports take sides in the Trump debate. • ALIBABA AND THE IOC - Partnership brings e-commerce and cloud computing to the TOP programme. • JOCHEN LÖSCH - MP & Silva’s new chief executive on the abundant opportunities in Latin America and China. • ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Should the impending emergence of machine learning empower or worry the world of sport? • OLYMPIC CHANNEL - 6 months after its launch we ask whether federations are benefiting from the new platform. • THE SECRET FAN - Mark Bradley travels to the Park de Princes to watch PSG versus Monaco. • NFL WINS FANS WITH MADDEN - American Football targets UK fans through EA Sports title. • GOING IT ALONE - Table tennis takes its rights in-house.Read on
• FC BARCELONA - How to become football’s first billion-euro-a-year club. • DATA MINING - The sport teams trying to understand their fans better. • ASK THE EXPERTS - The opportunities and threats for the US major leagues. • PAYING THE PRICE - The legal implications of English football’s sexual abuse scandal. • MORE THAN A GAME - Designing stadia for commercial return. • BID TO WIN - Does IOC bidding process need further reform? • ESPORTS - Stability is key for Overwatch League. • CATEGORY CREATORS - The new companies boosting US major league revenues. • INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - The impact of e-commerce and globalisation on sports licensing.Read on
• TOP 20 – We name the sport industry’s top 20 innovators
• ATTENTION ECONOMY – How sport can fight back in the battle for viewers’ attention
• ON THE EDGE – MMA’s bid to be an Olympic sport
• PITCH-SIDE ADVERTISING – Why Fifa is not ready to commit to digital replacement technology • CHINA CRISIS? – Has Chinese investment in sport entered a more cautious phase? • SOCCER'S FINAL FRONTIER – Big names show support for Americas Champions League • VIDEO – The best sports marketing videos of 2016 • SURVEY – Should Fifa stick with the same number of teams for the World Cup? • INTERVIEW – Mark Bullingham, the FA’s new commercial directorRead on
• HOSTING – Popular movements, public polls and why Rome voted against the Olympics • #NextGen – ATP launches tournament to promote new blood • JOIN OUR CLUB – Can horse racing finally fulfil its potential in China? • NEW SCHOOL – Tradition meets innovation in Wimbledon’s social media strategy • TAKING OFF – Why major players are taking a chance on drone racing • HEALTH HARVEY – Saracens CEO on his latest career challengeRead on
• FORMULA ONE – What the future holds under new owner Liberty Media
• UBER – Crashing the tailgate party with the Miami Dolphins
• HILLARY MANDEL – IMG Media’s head of North America on the agency’s evolution under WME
• CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – Uefa-EPFL battle heads for compromise • CHINA – We speak to the pioneers of the nascent cycling market • SOCIAL MEDIA – How Fiba has used YouTube and Facebook to live stream its youth tournaments • BASKETBALL FOCUS – UK and US fans surveyed on attitudes to the NBA • ASIAN BEACH GAMES – Hosting burden proves heavy for Vietnam • SPORTEL BRIEFING – TV Sports Markets previews the annual sports media bash in MonacoRead on
*Pokémon Go How rights holders and team owners can cash in on augmented reality and Niantic’s $3bn craze *Fans of the future 8 ways that fans will consume sports content in the future
*Charlie Stillitano The divisive figure behind the International Champions Cup distances himself from talk of a European Super League *Big in Japan How J.League’s media deal with the Perform Group will transform Japan’s football infrastructure *All bets are off Horse racing’s fight to reinvigorate its betting marketsRead on
*RIO 2016 How the spending on Rio stacks up versus previous Olympics, the security challenge, and more
*BRAZIL FOCUS Detailed information on Brazil’s sports media, sponsorship and event hosting sectors
*CHATRI SITYODTONG The pro fighter turned businessman tells us about positioning MMA for Asian markets
*TECH TRANSFORMING SPORT Eleven revolutionary technologies that you need to understand
*ESPORTS INTEGRITY Match-fixing and doping are threatening esports’ sponsorship revenues
*POSTGRADUATE RANKINGS See how the world’s top sports business postgraduate courses ranked in our special supplement
*LOGOS Some of the world’s leading design experts share their secrets for creating a memorable sports logo
*TICKETING StubHub’s deal with the Philly 76ers proves that the primary and secondary ticket markets are converging. We ask how sports properties can benefit from the evolution of the sector
*EUROLEAGUE Bertomeu and Francini on Euroleague’s ongoing struggle with Fiba
*THE RIGHTS STUFF The business of broadcasting the Olympics and the TV innovations to expect in Rio.
*FIBA We talk to Patrick Baumann, secretary general of the International Basketball Federation their dispute with the Euroleague over the future of European club basketball
*SCANDALS We analyse the results of a survey into how recent scandals have affected the way fans view sports
*WOMEN'S SPORTS We look at the business case for investing in women’s sports
*TOP SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMME the IOC’s marketing chief about the continued evolution of the TOP sponsorship programme
*ULTIMATE SPORTS CITIES we reveal the winners of the SportBusiness Ultimate Sports Cities Awards 2016Read on
*CYCLING: With competing interests battling for supremacy, can a shared vision ever be achieved in professional cycling?
*VIRTUAL INNOVATION: How virtual reality technology is being used to improve sponsorship activations and to enhance the fan experience at sporting events.
*KOREA PLAN: Is tech-savvy South Korea ready to fulfil is untapped potential in the sports industry?
*READY FOR RIO: Will it be a case of alright on the night when the Olympics arrive in Brazil?Read on
*GOVERNING SPORT: Can federations lead sport out of the current wave of integrity crises, or are they holed below the waterline? We ask a federation board member, a PR expert, and an integrity specialist.
*PHILIPPE BLATTER: The CEO of Infront Sports & Media tells us about the agency’s integration with new Chinese owner Wanda Group.
*THE AUDIO STAR: How and why sports radio and podcasting are in rude health.
*TIM LEIWEKE: The former president and CEO of Anschutz Entertainment Group talks about disruption in the sports arena business.Read on
*DICK POUND: The leader of the recent inquiry into doping in athletics speaks about his career as a trouble-shooter
*CHINESE INVESTMENT: How and why money from China is gushing into sport
*THE ART OF SHORT-FORM VIDEO: Strategies for the hottest format in sports media
*RIO HOSPITALITY: The challenges facing the hospitality sector at the Rio Olympics
* NOËL LE GRAËT: The president of the French Football Federation reflects on a dark night in Paris and looks ahead to a defining year for France
* FIFA: Ahead of this month’s presidential election and reform vote, an ex-ISL and Infront insider tells us where it all went wrong
* SNAPCHAT: How sports brands are reaching young audiences on the booming social platform
* VIRTUAL REALITY: Cutting-edge use cases from US sport for 2016’s most hyped technology
* SECURITY: How events are protecting fans and athletes in an increasingly unstable security climate
* EXTREME WINTER SPORT: The commerce of the events outside skiing's mainstreamRead on
* Cover Story: the men breathing new life into Italian football
* Innovator of the Year: An expert panel selects the industry's 20 brightest minds
* Vorsprung Durch Fussball: Interview with Christian Seifert, Bundesliga chief executive
* Super Show: The Super Bowl is put under the commercial microscopeRead on
The likes of DraftKings and FanDuel have dominated the sports headlines in recent months, with it becoming one of the biggest sectors to emerge in the US sports industry. However, do the projected revenues stand up to real world scrutiny?
Our writers identify who the major players are in the fantasy sports world, the challenges they face and whether this is the start of a global phenomenon or if it is, figuratively speaking, an empty investment.