Four courses make debut in 2014 Postgraduate Sports Rankings
Sports management courses from Ulster University (Northern Ireland) and US-based San Francisco, Seattle and Central Florida universities have been shortlisted in SportBusiness International’s Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings for the first time in 2014.
The four programmes are on a shortlist of institutions aiming to win the title of world’s best postgraduate sports course, including reigning champion, Ohio University’s Master of Sports Administration programme.
SportBusiness International’s Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings are the internationally recognised rankings of the world’s top sports management courses and were launched in 2012. As a sign of the rankings rapid growth, the world’s best postgraduate sports course will be announced at the inaugural WISE (Work In Sports Exhibition) in Switzerland next month (May 7-8), with the full rankings published in the June edition of SportBusiness International magazine.
Hosted by WISE ambassador and former Olympic hurdler Colin Jackson, the winning courses in the categories of Best Student Satisfaction, Professors’ Choice and Best Postgraduate Sports Course will be revealed at an awards ceremony in the Beaulieu Lausanne exhibition and congress complex on May 7.
The shortlist for the final five courses in the running for the overall award will be named on April 25, and the other category shortlists will be announced in the days leading up to WISE.
More than 500 sports courses and management alumni submitted data for this year’s Rankings, which is a record and almost quadruples the response from our launch edition in 2012.
2014 Postgraduate Sports Course Shortlist (in alphabetical order)
- AISTS (International Academy of Sports Science and Technology), Master of Sports Administration
- AMOS Sport Business School, MBA Sport Management
- Brussels University, Master in Sport Management
- Central Florida University, DeVos Sport Business Management programme
- CIES (International Centre for Sport Studies), FIFA Master
- Coventry Business School, Master in Sport Management
- Coventry Business School, MBA in International Sport Management
- Deakin University, Master of Business (Sport Management)
- Florida Atlantic University, MBA Sport Management
- Johan Cruyff Institute, International Master in Sport Management
- Liverpool University, Football Industries MBA
- Northern Colorado University, Master in Sport Administration
- New Haven University, Master in Sports Administration
- Ohio University, Master of Sports Administration
- Oregon University, MBA Sports Business
- Parma and San Marino University’s Sport Master
- Seattle University, Master in Sport Administration and Leadership
- South Carolina University, Master in Sport Management
- Stirling University, Master in Sport Management
- The George Washington University, Master in Sport Management
- Ulster University, Master in Sport Management
- UMass, Mark McCormack Sport Management department, MBA in Sport Management
- University Ca’ Foscari in Venice, Master in Sport Business Strategy
- University of San Francisco, Master in Sport Management
- Windsor University, Master in Sport Management
About the Rankings
SportBusiness International's Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings are the only authoritative guide to university-level courses in the business of sport.
Now entering its third edition, the Rankings have been dominated by Ohio University's MSA in Sports Administration to date, with the programme winning both the 2012 and 2013 best course accolades, topping the tables in categories such as graduate employability and course satisfaction.
It only considers postgraduate level courses that are 100 per cent related to the business and administration of sport, and have been running for three or more consecutive years.
Contact Owen Evans for more information at [email protected]